zondag 23 september 2012

Osprey migrating across my home

Friday 14 September

At 7:30 in the morning I'm standing in my garden doing some exercises to really wake up. The weather isn't quite good: heavy clouds with some drizzle rain. The temperature is still pleasant. While I'm doing some push-ups I'm looking in the sky: you never know! Suddenly I see  a great dark bird coming towards me at the rightside. My first impression is a grey heron looking for a small garden pond to land. But then the bird tilts to one side and I see a complete shape: the shape of an Osprey. I call Manuela and we are looking for some seconds to the bird.
 The birds is turning around and I have to take a decision: enjoying this special moment in my neighbourhood or running upstairs to get my camera and missing the bird But a picture of an Osprey migrating across my house is worth taking some risks. I rush inside and tear up the stairs. I get my camera and  tear down again. I'm lucky: the Osprey is starting his last round, then skiming downwards and disappearing to the West behind roofs of some houses.Since I have no time to check the settings andthe light isn't that good most of the pictures are unsharp. The picture below is the best one.






At this picture the Osprey is flying downwards and will disappear a little bit later behind the roofs. 





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten